I had a major grub problem.....
In the first photo above you can see the damaged lawn patches from the grubs. Here's what I did:
1. I raked up the dead spots & pulled out the damaged top layer of dead grass and top soil.
2. I sprayed "Seven" insecticide on the lawn w/ a hose attachment & let it sit for a few days.
3. I raked again lightly and added new top soil to the patches.
4. I put down Scott's Patchmaster & Turfbuilder
5. I watered
6. I waited.
7. After a week, I put down a little more patchmaster in empty spots.
8. I waited.
9. The first 2 weeks barely anything happened....a few grass blades started to come up. I was nervous that all of my sweat & money was wasted....
Then, take a look at a month later! Whoa!