Thursday, July 2, 2009

The shelf is up!!!

Yay! I am SO proud of myself for putting up this shelf all on my own!!! My incompetent ex-husband couldn't do stuff like this either. We'd have to call one of our fathers to do this type of work (Yuck, I know!) So, I am determined to be independent and do it all (well, most of it!) on my own!

I LOVE the look of a floating shelf. I was on the fence with what color to choose for this wall because my moldings are white, but I felt the strong lines of my dark wood furniture would clash against a white shelf, so I went with Ikea's Lack Shelf (6 feet long) in "black-brown" and it looks great!

Here is the before:


Here is the after: (The shelf just has a few white vases I picked up at Ikea today as well, but I will add some art and photos later....)

No comments:

Post a Comment