Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ode to my singledom....





















So, I often get caught up in my malaise of my failed marriage and take on a "woe is me" concerning being divorced and child-free when most of my peer group is the opposite (I have next to NO single friends or childless friends.....only a handful of them). Recently, I've been trying to focus more on the positives....this is a just a little ode (are odes solely poetry? This isn't a poem....just a list of ramblings!) to being single and living alone!

1. 2 weeks ago, I stripped the sheets off my bed & threw them into the laundry. Then, I was too lazy to remake the bed, so I just slept on a my mattress pad w/ a comforter for 3 nights! I felt like it was rebellious at the time and now as I type it, maybe not so much! But, had I still been married, my ex would've wanted the bed made before sleeping! lol!

2. The other night I had stone ground wheat things with melted mozzarella cheese on them for dinner.

3. I dropped everything and went to the spa after work last Wednesday.

4. I took a nap today from 4-5:30 and then went to out to dinner by myself.

5. I went to Miami a few weeks ago with a girlfriend of mine. If I were married still, I'd probably only be taking couples vacations or a vacation with just me & him.

This may be the only and last time in my life when I can just do what I want when I want.....and I kind of like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment