Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2010 in Review....

Hmmm, well, 2009 was an EASY year to beat! But, if I had to sum up 2010 in one word, or phrase, it'd would be: low key. Nothing BAD happened and nothing GREAT happened. It was a good year. 2009 had been such a whirlwind with the whole "having to leave my husband after only a few months of marriage because he was a cheating liar and move into a new house and life" thing........that it was nice just to BE in 2010.

I had a great time doing lots of stuff to help me find out who I truly am, to heal, and see the world through new eyes.


January: On the first day of the year, I snapped the BEST photo ever of my cat, Wilson, watching "Cats 101"! How funny!



















February:
I met a new man in my life, my best friend's first son, Garrett. AND, I went to Disney World with my family, it was an awesome trip! I passed the one-year anniversary of "finding out" the man I was married to was a double-life Tiger Woods-esque liar. (February 21, 2009 was THE day). It felt strange--part of me felt like "Wow, it's been a WHOLE year." and part of me felt like "OMG, it's ALREADY been a year!?!?" So, I remember a friend of mine telling me in Feb 09 when I was devastated and a pile of tears: "A year form now, your life will be completely different," and she was right! I did so much in a year, but at the same time, around Feb/March, I started to feel the "come down" from the constant moving (literally and figuratively) of the breakup. I started to calm myself and just be still with my thoughts. It wasn't all good. Some days, I was very angry, confused, and upset; whereas, some days, I felt okay and ready to the take on the world. This late winter/early spring period was a time of transition....from the heartbroken old me, to the new "who will I be?" me.....










































March:
I turned 30! I have NO photos from my birthday night out except this one from my iPhone where I am apparently, really enjoying miso soup! I came into school and some of my students had decorated my classroom for my birthday, which was such a surprise and very flattering.











































April
: I partied it up w/ the Jersey Shore cast in Miami on my school vacation! ha ha!




















May
: I planted flowers like a maniac and welcomed some dear friends as my home's first official house guests! I even hired my house guest Mike (below) to install my AC and hang my giant mirror on the wall!



























































June
: I went to Miami for the second time in the year to the World Spinning and Sports Conference. And, I chaperoned the prom at school!










































July
: I celebrated summer in style all month long with beach time, relaxing, and reading......what would have been my second wedding anniversary came and passed with ease. Last year, I was scared and upset, whereas this year, I was strangely calm and felt more removed from the date. Someday, I hope to see July 12 on the calendar and not feel that pinch in my heart....I went to St. Johnsbury Vermont to an Advanced Placement Institute to learn about the new course I'd be teaching AP GOv't. And, I partied down with Tim McGraw and Lady Antebellum in the 5th row! Callie and I also had an awesome time swimming at my parents' pool.










































































August: I wound down the summer with gatherings with friends.....took in some Polo in Portsmouth, RI with some gals and had a big lobstah soiree to meet the 2 new members of our department at school.

































September: 3 of my favorite ladies and I celebrated the start of a new school year over Labor Day Weekend.

















October:
We powerwashed (well, my dad did!) and then, I stained my deck all by myself. I was so proud of myself for undertaking the project! And, helped my gym promote our new programs at a women's 5K for to celebrate October's Breast Cancer awareness efforts.



































November: A new roof was put on my home! I took a trip to DC w/ a school trip and had a blast!



































December: The year has come to a close and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm ready for the next chapter in my life and with me all the while, is my best bud, Callie.






















I hope that 2011 will bring more joy, but most of all, me feeling more confident in who I am and the road I am on. There are many days that I struggle with "where am I going?" because I'm such a planner. I intended to be married for 2 years now and perhaps on the way to starting a family, but alas, that was not the grand plan and I have learned that life throws little surprises in our way when we least expect it. I am thankful for all of my friends and family who I have learned so much from and have leaned on so much!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your year with us! You are such a great example of moving forward with grace and dignity! I enjoy your updates...keep 'em coming, and have a great 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melodie! You're sweet to "follow" me!!! Cheers to a wonderful 2011 to you too!

    ReplyDelete