Friday, April 23, 2010

Inspirational reads for the single girl....

I've been single for a year. Well, February 21, 2009 was the day I left my lying cheating husband. So, the weeks that followed I don't know if I count "those days".....(you know those days, those no makeup, puffy eyed, pajama panted pathetic days...).

Anyway, in addition to A LOT of things I have done to "get over" the trauma of my experience, I have also re-entered the world of singles. Deep down, I don't really even want a boyfriend. I feel like I'm really enjoying sleeping in my big queen-sized bed all alone; waking up, turning on the lights & playing loud music while I get ready for work in the morning; watching whatever I want on tv whenever I want to (and keeping a football-free household!); knowing that the only laundry I have to do is mine.....etc etc etc.

But, sometimes, I do get sad that I am single. I do want to share my life with someone and have a family, but alas, it's just not my reality right now. I think it's mostly due to the fact that I had prepared my life for a married-existence since I was engaged at age 26. I was ready to be a wife, start a family, and be married. Now, my existence is quite different than I imagined it would be when I was 30--I turned 30 on March 25! It's sad sometimes because I yearn for the life I dreamed of, but it's also exhilarating because I get to have this whole new life that I never anticipated and it's sort of like when you were a kid and you got to yell out: "Do over!!!" So, this is my do-over! And, it's kinda fun!

I have been reading a lot and two books that have been awesome in my search for single-satisfaction are below. If you are ever lucky enough to get your own do-over--OR--you have a friend that needs support and you'd like to recommend something, these books rock:

























No comments:

Post a Comment